I lost another one of my kids today. This little girl's mom just up and withdrew her right at the end of the day. She didn't even get a chance to say bye to her friends, and barely got to empty her locker. I am so sad and scared, because this is the child who came to school hungry each day, because her parents don't feed her breakfast. She is a very sad, troubled little girl. I had so many plans to help her and improve her life, but now I won't get to at all. The upside is that I'm down to 19 kids now, which makes it a lot easier to help each of them. We had a birthday party for one of the boys today - his mom brought cake and sodas and everything. It was fun. She also offered to volunteer in the classroom; I'm really excited about this because she is one of the few parents that are bilingual. I can get her to translate stuff for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment