Thursday, August 15, 2002

No Themed Outfits!

Oh, city life. Today is my first day as a minion of the evil empire of the Dallas Independent School District. I just watched my first traffic report before work and, yeah, there's some sort of wreck between here [my apartment] and there [school].

I know there's going to be a lot of whispering and gossip and debate about the Edison Project, of which our school is a part. I plan to keep my trap shut and stay out of every conversation possible, save those that involve talking just to my already-established friends.

Yeah, right. I don't know that I'm ever able to keep my mouth closed, especially when it comes to something I feel strongly about. Anyway, I'm worried. I'm more scared of these catty teachers than I am of the kids, who I don't meet for another week. Anybody gives me trouble...I guess I'll just have to kick some apple-wearin' ass. God save the teachers and their deplorable wardrobes. And please don't ever let me fall into their ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment