When all the kids finally left today, I sat at my desk and just stared at the walls for probably fifteen minutes. I can't believe I made it through the week.
The worst part is that I already miss some of my kids. Wow.
I got to do some shopping in the last couple of days. I wish I had a digital camera so I could show off my fabulous new stuff. The first thing I got was the earrings I've had on hold at Gifted for a million years. They're these little loops with little stainless steel miniature...oh, I don't know what those things are called, you know, the thing that looks sort of like three snakes that goes in the middle of one of those 45's that has the big open part in the middle. That. If anyone can remember what those things are called, please leave a comment and tell me (ok - they're called 45 adapters). They're wonderful. Then I got a black long-sleeved Paul Frank shirt with a monkey skull and crossbones.
Today I got a Lemony Snicket book and a t-shirt also. It has the kids on it and some words. It's too big but maybe I can shrink it.
A friend and I got into a fight/discussion about America vs. Mexico at the bar tonight. She was saying that I should be learning Spanish from my kids rather than teaching them English since Hispanic is the majority race here. I agree that I should learn Spanish, but I think they need to learn English too. Whatever. They don't want to learn anything.
I think I'm going to maybe go buy a new record tomorrow. Somebody tell me what to buy.
The worst part is that I already miss some of my kids. Wow.
I got to do some shopping in the last couple of days. I wish I had a digital camera so I could show off my fabulous new stuff. The first thing I got was the earrings I've had on hold at Gifted for a million years. They're these little loops with little stainless steel miniature...oh, I don't know what those things are called, you know, the thing that looks sort of like three snakes that goes in the middle of one of those 45's that has the big open part in the middle. That. If anyone can remember what those things are called, please leave a comment and tell me (ok - they're called 45 adapters). They're wonderful. Then I got a black long-sleeved Paul Frank shirt with a monkey skull and crossbones.
Today I got a Lemony Snicket book and a t-shirt also. It has the kids on it and some words. It's too big but maybe I can shrink it.
A friend and I got into a fight/discussion about America vs. Mexico at the bar tonight. She was saying that I should be learning Spanish from my kids rather than teaching them English since Hispanic is the majority race here. I agree that I should learn Spanish, but I think they need to learn English too. Whatever. They don't want to learn anything.
I think I'm going to maybe go buy a new record tomorrow. Somebody tell me what to buy.
No comments:
Post a Comment