Yeah, so, apparently I am not the meanest teacher in the history of education. Apparently I'm "nice." Nice = pushover. Damn. One little girl even told another teacher, about me, "I love my teacher! She's so nice!" This kid cracked me up earlier...not really something to laugh about, but she drew a picture for me of the twin towers getting hit by the planes, and then kept talking about the "Eiffel Towers" getting hit. It was just sort of cute how she was all confused about the different famous towers in the world.
I did call a kid out today though. I make them fill in this form letter I set up with what they did wrong, etc. then take it home for their parents to sign. He just wouldn't shut up! It worked out fabulously, because his mom came to the classroom after school, and I got to talk to her about it. I bet he's good tomorrow. If he's not, I'm going to call her, and we'll have a meeting. He's not a bad kid, but excessive talking is so rude. Especially when I'm reading a book to the class. Really. Be quiet.
So, I guess overall it wasn't so...uh, wait. Yeah, it was. It was hot all day, and the kids got fussy and hungry around 10 and I had to give them my lunch. This precious little child kept saying, "Teacher, I'm hungry" and I could only imagine that she probably didn't get breakfast at home...I had to share. Poor kids. Literally, poor. They tell us that for some of them, the free breakfast and lunch at school is all the food they get to eat, and that for a small group, they literally don't get any food at home over the weekend. I guess that's why most of my kids are really small for their age.
I did call a kid out today though. I make them fill in this form letter I set up with what they did wrong, etc. then take it home for their parents to sign. He just wouldn't shut up! It worked out fabulously, because his mom came to the classroom after school, and I got to talk to her about it. I bet he's good tomorrow. If he's not, I'm going to call her, and we'll have a meeting. He's not a bad kid, but excessive talking is so rude. Especially when I'm reading a book to the class. Really. Be quiet.
So, I guess overall it wasn't so...uh, wait. Yeah, it was. It was hot all day, and the kids got fussy and hungry around 10 and I had to give them my lunch. This precious little child kept saying, "Teacher, I'm hungry" and I could only imagine that she probably didn't get breakfast at home...I had to share. Poor kids. Literally, poor. They tell us that for some of them, the free breakfast and lunch at school is all the food they get to eat, and that for a small group, they literally don't get any food at home over the weekend. I guess that's why most of my kids are really small for their age.
No comments:
Post a Comment