Tuesday, December 31, 2002

2002

So...long holiday break, no school, nothing to report. It's the end of the year and I'm sort of glad to see it go. I liked Meghan's idea of her top ten photos of the year, but since I have very few photos, I can't really do that. Instead, you get the top ten things I did this year.

1. I didn't get married. My wedding was set for January 5, and fortunately I didn't go through with it.

2. I went back to school. I had nine hours left in December of 1999 and didn't bother to go back for two more years. I'm pretty good at procrastination...

3. I went to San Francisco. If it wasn't so expensive to live there, I'd move right away. Seriously.

4. I got a job before I graduated from College. DISD signed my contract two days before I got my walking papers from my college. I was relieved to not have to experience the post-college stress of looking for work.

5. I graduated from College. Never thought I'd be 24 when that happened, but at least I got it over with.

6. I made it through the summer from hell. Yeah. Not very pleasant, with the training, the awful breakup, the moving twice.

7. I started living by myself. It's wonderful.

8. I got a new car.

9. I made it through the first half of the school year. See the archives from August through last week and you'll see just how delightful it was. Hah. Worst job of my life! But, yeah, it has its good points...they're just infrequent.

10. The best thing, by far, about this year is all the new friends I made. Everybody I work with, all my silly neighbors...I met so many really interesting people just in the last six months. I never would have made it through all this school BS without these people.

I have no idea what next year holds, but I hope it's fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment