Saturday, October 19, 2002

Visitors

It has been such a wonderful weekend so far. I had Friday off due to Fair Day [a day for all the kids and teachers to have a chance to go to the State Fair, which ends tomorrow] and, of course, I did not use it to go to the fair. When I woke up I started cleaning right away, and literally cleaned all day long. My apartment looks amazing. Everything is in its place. All my clothes and linens are clean, the floors are clean; yes, there is extrinsic motivation for this. My mom and grandma are on their way here right now.

Last night I made the mistake of going out - I went with my neighbors to Monica's, which was wonderful - there was this fantastic Flamenco-sounding band playing, and the food was good, yet not too expensive. The night went downhill after that though. We drove all the way out to Mesquite to go to the BYOB bowling alley. BYOB bowling. It doesn't get much better than that. Anyway, when we got there, there were no lanes open, and we'd have to wait an hour and a half to get one! We ended up bringing the beer suitcase [that's really what this thing is that my neighbor has] back here to the complex and I stayed up way too late. I'm hurting this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment