Today I was walking home from the liquor store near my apartment, and there were all these cops everywhere. I started talking to this guy [he was, in all seriousness, the human embodiment of Cletus the Slack-jawed Yokel] who had, of course, a police scanner, but couldn't figure out what sort of crime was going on to warrant all the police.
Then I heard the familiar sound of a high school drum line and realized that there was a parade coming through the neighborhood! It was so exciting. Some high school was having their homecoming parade, through my neighborhood, early on an Wednesday evening. So odd, but also very entertaining. Cletus and I were the only English speakers around, so I couldn't really talk to anyone. There were kids everywhere...they were so excited about the parade.
Man. My life is so G-Rated these days. Anybody want to come over and have a torrid affair or do drugs or smash computers or something else deviant?
Tomorrow is Thursday which means the next day is Friday...quite a good thing. I'm exhausted and need a weekend for lots of sleeping.
Then I heard the familiar sound of a high school drum line and realized that there was a parade coming through the neighborhood! It was so exciting. Some high school was having their homecoming parade, through my neighborhood, early on an Wednesday evening. So odd, but also very entertaining. Cletus and I were the only English speakers around, so I couldn't really talk to anyone. There were kids everywhere...they were so excited about the parade.
Man. My life is so G-Rated these days. Anybody want to come over and have a torrid affair or do drugs or smash computers or something else deviant?
Tomorrow is Thursday which means the next day is Friday...quite a good thing. I'm exhausted and need a weekend for lots of sleeping.
No comments:
Post a Comment