This is probably the nicest thing anyone's ever written to me, but, well, just read it. Parts of it are so odd. But nice of course.
Dear Miss ____,
You are the best teacher I ever had, and the nicer teacher. You have cute eyes like the rainbow. I like your hair and is red like the flowers. I wich I could be a teacher like you because you are smart, nice, and beautiful like the angels. I will miss you when I'm in vacation with my family. I wich you have a good vacation. I like been with you because you teach us fun stuff.
By _______
Your Friends
The kids are so sweet sometimes. Makes the bureaucracy, unreasonable hours and other tortures almost worth it. New teachers: I learned something really important today. It is a lot easier to teach in a neat, clean, organized room. A student and his sister stayed after last Tuesday [that was the last time we had school - we were closed half of last week] and helped me clean and organize our classroom. It was so much easier to keep the kids calm and keep my sanity since the room was so nice. Even in the midst of an unexpected fire drill in the rain, and a fistfight at lunch between one of my little kids and a fourth grader, the kids were pretty calm today. Amazing. It also helps to remember that they're just little kids, and these kids in particular have dealt with so many awful things during their short lives.
I only have to work three more days this week, and then I have three days off. And next month, I get almost a week off for Thanksgiving. Then...a mere three weeks after that...Winter Break! Two glorious weeks away from children and teachers and schedules and the free time to be able to do something or go somewhere or at least sleep in and go shopping on Wednesday afternoons. Also, I heard about this BYOB bowling alley not too far from here that I want to check out.
Dear Miss ____,
You are the best teacher I ever had, and the nicer teacher. You have cute eyes like the rainbow. I like your hair and is red like the flowers. I wich I could be a teacher like you because you are smart, nice, and beautiful like the angels. I will miss you when I'm in vacation with my family. I wich you have a good vacation. I like been with you because you teach us fun stuff.
By _______
Your Friends
The kids are so sweet sometimes. Makes the bureaucracy, unreasonable hours and other tortures almost worth it. New teachers: I learned something really important today. It is a lot easier to teach in a neat, clean, organized room. A student and his sister stayed after last Tuesday [that was the last time we had school - we were closed half of last week] and helped me clean and organize our classroom. It was so much easier to keep the kids calm and keep my sanity since the room was so nice. Even in the midst of an unexpected fire drill in the rain, and a fistfight at lunch between one of my little kids and a fourth grader, the kids were pretty calm today. Amazing. It also helps to remember that they're just little kids, and these kids in particular have dealt with so many awful things during their short lives.
I only have to work three more days this week, and then I have three days off. And next month, I get almost a week off for Thanksgiving. Then...a mere three weeks after that...Winter Break! Two glorious weeks away from children and teachers and schedules and the free time to be able to do something or go somewhere or at least sleep in and go shopping on Wednesday afternoons. Also, I heard about this BYOB bowling alley not too far from here that I want to check out.
No comments:
Post a Comment