Thursday, July 8, 2010

Orange Fever

Ever visited a country when the national soccer/football team is about to play for a spot in the World Cup Final?

You see things like this everywhere (yes, I know the photo is sideways. But you get the idea. ORANGE FEVER):

















Then after said team wins this game, people go crazy and party in the streets. I took this poor-quality photo from up in my hotel room, because I was alone, and somewhat afraid to be by myself in a bar with a bunch of drunk Dutchmen just in case the team lost. I really wish I had video here - the noise was just unreal:

















Timing on this trip was impeccable. I was heading to India the next day for my wedding, and husband and I would be coming right back to Amsterdam on our way back to the US, just in time for my birthday, which ALSO happened to be the day of the final World Cup match against Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment