Sunday, March 21, 2004

10 Hours/10 Weeks

Ten hours of spring break left.

Ten weeks of school left.

It's sort of time to start counting down. I mean, after this week, we're in the single digits. And the last week is only a half-week. Also, before school's out, we've got a couple more field trips, a ton of tests (duh) and assemblies. It's just taking all the strength in my body not to get upset, nervous or just sad about going back to school tomorrow. My strategy is to not think at all about the school day, and to just think about 3:00 p.m.

I just can't explain how much I enjoyed not being at work. It's really sad. I hardly missed any of the children, certainly didn't miss working... I'm beginning to think that perhaps I am not cut out for this profession, but I feel so stuck. I don't know what else I could do now, especially since I'm so used to having so much time off.

I've thought about switching to a higher grade level. My friend is teaching sixth grade now, and says it is much more enjoyable than second or third grade. I think I'm just tired of playing maid, mommy, nurse and teacher. With older kids, we could have actual conversations and they definitely won't want me to baby them, wheras my students now almost require it.

Ten more weeks...I can get through that. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment